// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End Status of Clay
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Status of Clay  (Read 880 times)

Offline cromwell

Status of Clay
« on: November 10, 2006, 12:24:41 PM »
Hey CNY'ers

I'm going to be up in the syracuse area this weekend and while I wont have too much time to sneak away from family, I'm hoping to get out to Clay to check out the new digs. However, I dont see much talk about the course going on here and the last thing I read was Wendy back in October saying the course was REALLY wet. Can anyone give me a status on the course and let me know if there's even anything there to go play?

Thanks  8)

Offline Matt

• CNYDGA Member
    • SyracuseDisc
Re: Status of Clay
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 12:39:29 PM »
I played a round at Jamesville Beach last week with someone who tried playing out at Clay recently.  He said he was very frustrated because he could not find any tees, and ended up just practicing in the fields.  I've also heard that at least one basket is heaving.  It would not surprise me if you have to wear boots.

Hopefully someone with more first hand information will answer you before tomorrow.

I can, of course, recommend Jamesville Beach and Oxbow Falls as alternatives.  JB for long and open, Oxbow for tight and wooded.

(There are guides in our Courses section for both JB and Oxbow with pictures and tips.  Like at Jamesville Beach, the tee marker for #18 is missing, but the picture will give you the spot to drive from.)

Offline cromwell

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 01:16:54 PM »
thanks for the info matt. like you said, hopefully someone who's been there themselves recently can give me more concrete info.

My in-laws are up in fulton, so clay is really the best option for me since i wont have a lot of time this weekend to get away - jamesville and oxbow are just that little bit too far away. tho i do love oxbow... jamesville i hate to say im not a big fan of. i last played it ~2.5 years ago so it's probably changed since i last played it however (edit: and i just saw it has with the addition of another 9. In that case I'll have to give the course another shot :D)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 01:20:11 PM by cromwell »

Offline Don the Good Twin

• Co-Secretary
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 01:32:18 PM »
I haven't been out there lately, but unfortunely it is in rough shape, the wet areas are so wet that some of the earth is weak and the baskets have leaned and heaved.
CNY Chaingang

Offline Wendy

• CNYDGA member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 05:08:48 PM »
Hi...The issue with Clay is that it is extremely wet and buggy.  With that said, some of the baskets actually heaved.  The town has pulled them and they should be locked up.  We are regrouping to see about possibly using some land by the YMCA to put the baskets more toward the front where it isn't wet or move the course completely to another park. I would not recommend going to Clay as the tee boxes were never marked as the town didn't have time and the baskets then heaved.  It is more of a recreational course anyways.  I definately suggest making the drive to Oxbow or Jamesville.  I plan on submitting a proposal for a championship course at Green Lakes.  I talked to the Park Manager just this week.  If we can get that in, that will be a course to play!  Sorry about Clay.  We hope to move it or get it back under way soon.  Thanks..Wendy