// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End Fun stats for our 2006 CNY Championships
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Fun stats for our 2006 CNY Championships  (Read 920 times)

Offline Matt

• CNYDGA Member
    • SyracuseDisc
Fun stats for our 2006 CNY Championships
« on: October 18, 2006, 11:23:11 PM »
I put together some statistics from our 2006 CNY Championships last Saturday.  I liked the format the USDGC was using for their leaderboard this year, so copied that.  Page 1 is both rounds combined, page 2 is Round 1, and page 3 is Round 2.  Page 4 has some averages for each hole, and page 5 is an interesting course analysis showing percent of pars, birdies, etc on each hole.  These last 2 pages are broken out by "Group A" and "Group B".  I drew on a few different measures to create the 2 groups, but Group A is roughly the group that averaged close to 900 rated rounds for the day.  That way pros and amateurs can get fairer comparisons.

I read an article on course design and it discussed analyzing holes using the percentages I did on page 5.  I'm not sure it really tells us anything design-wise though.  One might think hole #6 is the least interesting since 3 out of 4 (74%) of the pros shoot par (3), but we all know it's a fun little hole not quite like any other!

Anyway, hope you like it.  Here's the link:

Statistics for the 2006 CNY Championships at Oxbow Falls

Offline john_d

Re: Fun stats for our 2006 CNY Championships
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 01:22:32 PM »
Wow, awesome job with the stats!

Nice job by KC for getting #17 both rounds! Sweet!

Offline Disc Fly Guy

• Co-Secretary
  • I am the EVIL TWIN!
Re: Fun stats for our 2006 CNY Championships
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 09:31:39 PM »
Matt great job on the scores breakdown.....

It really makes you appreciatte Oxbow and the way it can play all levels...
REMEMBER...
It's nice to be important,
but it's more important to be NICE..!

Quote of Brother Wease...