// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End Today's Paper / Tonight on Channel 9
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Today's Paper / Tonight on Channel 9  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Wendy

• CNYDGA member
Today's Paper / Tonight on Channel 9
« on: October 13, 2006, 02:20:25 PM »
Hi all...Check out the story in today's paper.  Also the picture!  Was a big write up in today's paper in the local section.  Dylan was on the cover, upper left corner of the Local and then we were on the inside page 3.  From this, I got a call from Mike Price this morning.  He wanted to know if anyone was out at Oxbow.  I tried to find someone but everyone was working...well, while I was doing that Mike went out there to see if he could catch someone playing and who did he catch....Larry Oyler!  He will be on tonight between 5:25 and 5:30pm, Channel 9.  Also, Syracuse Winterfest called and wanted to know if we want to be a part of it by holding an event.  What perfect timing for the Ice Bowl.  We'll talk about that once we get through this weekend.  Hoorah!

Offline Wendy

• CNYDGA member
Re: Today's Paper / Tonight on Channel 9
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 02:24:59 PM »
Me again.  We are picture number 10 I think in the pictures of the day on the first link I listed.  The 2nd link is the actual story. 

Offline Matt

• CNYDGA Member
    • SyracuseDisc
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 02:37:54 PM »
Awesome.  I saved the pic and article, will add it to the website sometime.  I found the picture in the slideshow with the 4 of you, but couldn't find the one of Dylan?  Did I understand you right, that there were actually 2 pictures in the paper?

No matter, I thought it was a great article.  Good pic too.

Offline Matt

• CNYDGA Member
    • SyracuseDisc
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 02:39:42 PM »
If anyone has the ability to digitally record tv on their computers, they should try to capture the Larry Oyler interview.  I'm going to try to watch it.

Offline Blue Deuce

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 04:30:38 PM »
I open up the local section today. WOW, I said to myself. What a great article and just in time for the games this weekend. Congratulations to the Courbat's for geeting our great sport some publicity. ;)
Though I play through the valley of the shadow of death. I shall fear no bogies for I am the baddest mother in the valley.

Offline Matt

• CNYDGA Member
    • SyracuseDisc
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 05:32:52 PM »
I just watched the TV segment!  Awesome!  Way to go Larry (Oyler), you are an excellent representative, I'm glad they found you.  Oxbow looked phenominal by the way, who here wishes the tournament was today???  Wow did it look nice.

Offline MikeT

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 07:58:38 PM »

i sent the video clip to Matt's email, maybe he could post it on here. if matt cant post it on here, and you want to see it you can go to www.9wsyr.com on the left side click the "video" link.its on top of the list. scroll almost all the way down until you see the "good news" on the right, it says disc golf on it  ;D ;D
it looked nice but it was kind of chilly, going to be colder tomorow morning. :(

Mike

Offline MikeT

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 08:14:14 PM »
i made it easier..... go herehttp://www.9wsyr.com/mediacenter/#top then just scroll down to the "good news" section. there is a short commercial, then the larry oyler clip. Larry did a great job explaining.

Offline Jim

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 05:25:58 AM »
Hooray Larry! Hooray disc golf! Hooray beer.
Every great drive is just another opportunity to 3-putt.