// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End Oxbow pics online
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Oxbow pics online  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Matt

• CNYDGA Member
    • SyracuseDisc
Oxbow pics online
« on: October 03, 2006, 11:33:42 PM »
I updated the website tonight with pictures and descriptions of all 18 holes at Oxbow.  It's under the Courses section of the website naturally.  Comments and suggestions are welcome.

I have the pictures I want to complete the Jamesville Beach section, so I have that penciled in to do next.  Jim Owens has pics of Emerson, so I'll shoot for that 3rd.  It's getting late in the year to think of getting Clay and Green Lakes cataloged, but I will do what I can.

Part of me wanted to wait after the CNY Championships to post these--you know, competitive advantage and all, haha.  In the end though I wanted people to see what a great course it is--and now imagine it a little neater and in full autumn colors and you've got an awesome course to play.  I even gave away some tips in the descriptions nice guy that I am.  Or did I?

;D

"Keep it on the fairway"

Offline MikeT

• CNYDGA Member
Re: Oxbow pics online
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 12:38:12 AM »
very nice work matt! maybe in a few weeks you can take a few more shots of the beautiful fall foliage. it looks nice even now, should be perfect for the CNY championships. you playing oxbow this weekend???

Offline Matt

• CNYDGA Member
    • SyracuseDisc
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 12:57:07 AM »
Can't play this weekend.  Maybe some day next week, not sure yet.  Not going to get as much practice as I would've liked, but then again I'm still decompressing from States, so I kind of like the break.

I would love fall pics for the website.  Hopefully I (or someone) has the right opportunity at the right time and it happens.  I only took a couple last year and they're a tease.  I used one for the banner on the front page.

Offline MikeT

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 01:08:30 AM »
i have a digital camera, so maybe i could take a few and email them to you. also in the pictures you have posted, some fairways look ALOT nicer now. like 7. it has opened up alot since they took that little tree and brush out. the other day, i accually made it threw the right side and landed up behind #18's tee!!

Offline cyoung

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 09:35:01 AM »
wow! thanks I think. seriously thanks for putting them up before the tourny. Now I have a week and half to think about that 90 degree hole!!

Offline lankylefty

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 11:26:20 AM »
once again matt, awesome job! love the pics, and it sounds so simple looking at the pics and reading the descriptions, but we all know otherwise.. ;)
"movin to the country, gonna eat me alot of peaches..."

Offline Jim P

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 11:46:11 AM »
Matt, Thanks a lot for putting those pictures and descriptions up.  They look great...Jim

Offline Matt

• CNYDGA Member
    • SyracuseDisc
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 12:34:59 PM »
You're very welcome, Jim.  I was out there yesterday, the course is looking awesome--great maintainance and love the improvements.  Doesn't get much nicer for a day of disc golf, a beautiful autumn day at Oxbow.

Active day yesterday too, between the couple guys working to make the course look great, at least 3 different families of parents (8+ kids plus parents) taking their kids out, and 8-12 other "regular" golfers.  That was great to see.

I bounced one off the mower of course--but at least the guy riding it ducked in time...

Offline Disc Fly Guy

• Co-Secretary
  • I am the EVIL TWIN!
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 08:39:33 PM »
Matt everything on this site is great, love the pics, keep up the great work ;D
REMEMBER...
It's nice to be important,
but it's more important to be NICE..!

Quote of Brother Wease...

Offline Sparky