// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End Goodbye's and Thank You's
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Goodbye's and Thank You's  (Read 1276 times)

Offline MikeD

• CNYDGA Member
Goodbye's and Thank You's
« on: October 09, 2006, 11:58:10 PM »
As some of you already know, I am moving to Philadelphia (tomorrow, actually).  I just wanted to say goodbye and thank you to everyone who played and helped organize league night; I'll be sure to post up when I'm back in the area and have time to play a round.  Thank you again, now I must get back to packing.

-Mike Dudczak

Offline MikeT

• CNYDGA Member
Re: Goodbye's and Thank You's
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 08:41:46 AM »
hey mike,
   you didnt tell me you was moving to where i used to live!! i know some great courses around that area. a must play has to be Sedgely Woods at Fairmount Park. one of the oldest courses in the country!! there are SOOOOO many courses around you now. it seems like if you drive a 1/2 hour in any direction you will run into a course. my old "home" course was at French Creek State Park. they have 2 18 hole courses there. there is also a PDGA sanctioned event there on nov.12 "dead dogs of fall open" i think its called. they have a few clubs at that course. the main club being the dead dogs. really nice group of guys. also the NWP (norristown war pigs). they play doubles on wed. and 3 different rounds of league on sunday!!! Allentown has some nice courses too. Jordan Creek (1 of the 05 worlds courses) is a very nice course as well. i could go on forever ...LOL
when you come back up dont be a stranger!!!

Offline Matt

• CNYDGA Member
    • SyracuseDisc
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 08:58:41 AM »
Bye Mike!!!

I had a great time playing with you this year!  Especially at States (and our practice rounds before).  Very cool to both be on the lead card Sunday morning.

Good luck in Philly!  Drop us a post once you get settled and let us know how you are doing.

Offline MikeD

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 02:14:09 PM »
Hello again,

Just played Sedgely woods a few days ago.  Fun course, but I have a few complaints about the layout (there's a few tee boxes set a little too close to some baskets for other holes).  Despite a couple of discs that almost knocked my noggin, It was a fun experience...though I'm hoping to hit a few of the other courses nearby (I really want to play brandywine, though I don't have a car right now, and I'm having a hard time convincing my roommates that it's worth the drive).

I wanted to give a special thanks to all of the people who have been shaping up the cnydga into the club it has become, and is becoming.  I know I haven't been playing disc golf all too long, but everybody made me feel very welcome, and I'll be sure to give a holler when I'm back in the area.

Speaking of which, anybody up for an unofficial turkey day event? (maybe that weekend?)

Offline Disc Fly Guy

• Co-Secretary
  • I am the EVIL TWIN!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 04:54:23 PM »
Keep us posted Mike, I'm sure some die hard golfers will be willing to play....
REMEMBER...
It's nice to be important,
but it's more important to be NICE..!

Quote of Brother Wease...

Offline lankylefty

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 07:28:22 PM »
if it helps ive played almost 80 courses in 12 states and brandywine is top 5 in my book! awesome course
"movin to the country, gonna eat me alot of peaches..."

Offline MikeT

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 06:59:42 PM »
Mike,
  Im going to be playing a tournament on the 5th at French Creek State Park. if you can make it, you should come play. it's a very nice course.

Offline MikeT

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 07:02:21 PM »
if you read this before sunday call me on my cell... 315-440-0169.

im leaving saturday morning, maybe we can play a round saturday afternoon...

Mike T