// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End New York States Results
Username: Password:

Author Topic: New York States Results  (Read 3024 times)

Offline discslinger

New York States Results
« on: October 01, 2006, 06:11:25 PM »
can be found here:

http://www.pdga.com/schedule/event.php?TournID=5936

Many thanks to all who came, we enjoyed hosting you!

Pat Govang

Offline Wendy

• CNYDGA member
Re: New York States Results
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 11:33:07 PM »
Pat you did a great job!  Your hardword and dedication to this tournament paid off as fun was had by all.  It was top notch.  I know how hard it is to do a tournament and you made it look very easy.  Kudos to you. 

You're my mentor doing the pre-registation and no registration on that date.  It certainly allows things to be set up and prizes already figured out and players packages all set.  As TD, the ability to know who is coming and how many in each division is a huge help.  Knowing ahead has so many benefits.  I hope to move us in to "pre-registration only" next year. 

Great job Pat!  And....to my fellow CNYDGA members who played the tournament.....awesome representation.  Everyone really did well.  I'm proud to be a member of the CNYDGA.  Great job all!

And last, but not least, I must say that I am most proud that my son, Dylan, is the #1 Junior in  New York State!  That's my boy!  Congratulations Dylan!   ;D

« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 11:35:43 PM by Wendy »

Offline john_d

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 09:08:21 AM »
Thanks Pat and the Ithaca Disc Club for a great weekend!  This was easily one of the best events I have ever been to.  NY States in Ithaca was such a great idea ... I finally got to meet all of the NY golfers from Ithaca,Syracuse,Buffalo, Rochester etc. that I has never gotten a chance to meet before.  The tournament was run so smoothly -- the power-point presentations and the player's meeting auditorium were great!
Can't wait until next year to do it again! Sooo much fun!
Thanks!

John D

ps- great Shooting all weekend Doug!  Good luck representing NY at the USDGC next week!!

Offline Matt

• CNYDGA Member
    • SyracuseDisc
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 05:16:46 PM »
It was really an amazing tournament, and I'm so glad I was able to go.  I competed favorably, and hit all my main goals for the weekend.

Guess what else?  After the tournament I played ANOTHER round with Jim Owens and Brian Chapel, and scored my first ACE ever!  Hole #6!

Offline Gary Crowley

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 06:58:53 PM »
 What a great Tournament Pat, thanks for putting on a first class event.
I want to Congratulate Doug Opiela as the New State Champ and wish him well at the US Championships.
  Also congratulations Dylan and nice going Matt on your first Ace. The way you've been playing, it won't be your last.
 Gary C.

P.S. Not sure if it matters but the $ winnings are not correct for the Masters division. I actually rec'd $0, not $85. I belive 3rd got $85 and 4th got $65.
 Anyway, if I played better in the finals I would've earned some.

HAD A GREAT TIME

Offline Brownguy

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 07:35:55 PM »
  Thank you Pat for a wonderful time. Wendy thank you for being there for me on the first hole. :-*I would have been a terrible mess after that shot. Who would have thunk I would do that bad from long tees. If nothing else I showed resolve comming from 3 down to tie for first before the playoff. Check out the 3rd round rating for a course record 52(-2 and almost birdied hole 9!!!) from the longs.Set it in the first round and smashed it in the third. I thought it would be from the shorts I would tear it up. Also thanks to Brian from Auburn for rescuing my Z-Wasp from the pond. I was lost without that disc the final 9.

So now its next year for my shot at the USDGC. I was thinking if all the clubs run 50/50s at league nights it could go for a bounty for breaking the course record from the longs at TC3 at next years tourny. If no one does it the representive should get it for expenses. Just a thought I would run it but i have so many leagues to attend it would be immpossible for me to di it every week.

Offline Brownguy

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 07:42:17 PM »
  Hey John I might be comming to Warwick for animal fest.

Offline john_d

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 08:52:00 PM »
Sweeet!  I hope you got in!  Jeannie said it filled today but it shows 86 reg'd so I'm not sure if you got in.  If not, let us know so we can put you top on the waitlist.
Great meeting and playing with you this weekend .. you are deadly with that Wasp! Glad you got it back.  Taking the cooler down hole 16's fairway might have been the greatest thing I have ever seen on a disc golf course!
I'm trying to make it up for CNY states ... hopefully I can make it.

Offline Wendy

• CNYDGA member
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 11:23:38 PM »
Bobby...not a problem.  Glad I was there for you.  It's hard to shake a bad shot and sometimes you just need someone there to tell you that you can't let it get to you as it's one shot in the big scheme of things and you had 8 more holes to go and you could certainly overcome it.  To be a contender and a player you have to be able to do a bad shot and still come out well.  This you did my friend, this you did. 

We'll see you the Friday before the tourney.  Paul Thomas and Mike Miller aren't heading up Friday so it is just you right now.  We are right off of exit 35 (Carrier Circle) so not hard to find.  You have my number so I'll talk to you as it gets closer and give you directions.

Offline Jim

• CNYDGA Member
Every great drive is just another opportunity to 3-putt.

Offline Jim

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 05:35:30 AM »
Every great drive is just another opportunity to 3-putt.

Offline discslinger

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 08:03:28 AM »
News articles, Press Release and Photos

Here:  www.discithaca.com

Pat

Offline lankylefty

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 08:18:20 AM »
nice pics jim...lotsa smiles ;D
"movin to the country, gonna eat me alot of peaches..."

Offline Wendy

• CNYDGA member
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 07:30:36 PM »
Hey all...Got a call from the Post-Standard today about Dylan.  They are going to run a little blurb about him tomorrow or Thursday.  They are also going to come out Monday to take our family's picture and do a little something about us as a disc golf family.  I also mentioned our upcoming CNY Champs and they may do something on that.  Keep your eyes out. 

Thanks Pat for forwarding the Press Release to them. 

I even emailed the athletic director at his school.  I met with them a year or so ago and they have added disc golf to their schedule.  I got them discs, etc.  I thought they may want to know about his success.  Can you tell I'm a proud mom!  I'd love to have him go to Junior Worlds, if nothing else, the experience.  Does anyone know where that is next year?  How about the regular World Am's?   

Offline lankylefty

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 09:46:19 PM »
u should be proud..i got to play with dylan and was impressed..the am worlds are in milwaukee? wisc. in july 07...while im on i wanted to ask if anyone can play oxbow this sunday/monday for some practice?
"movin to the country, gonna eat me alot of peaches..."