// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End Chance to give back to the sport you love: Sept 9 and 10
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Chance to give back to the sport you love: Sept 9 and 10  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Gary Crowley

• CNYDGA Member
Chance to give back to the sport you love: Sept 9 and 10
« on: August 30, 2006, 10:08:02 PM »
  Emerson Park is hosting the Tomatoe Fest on Sept 9 and 10 and Gary Duckett has asked me to see if anone would like to volunteer an hour or two for an intoductory
event to show people about disc golf.
We could have a basket or 2 like we did for the Arbor Day events and show people the basics of the game, the club and the PDGA.
 They expect 2 or 3 thousand(I believe he said) people for the weekend. 3 or 4 people could do it if they want and I could be one of them, but I it doesn't have to be me. I wouldn't mind committing to an hour on one of the days, maybe both. I could bring my Mach V.
 This is a really fun, low stress kind of event so let me or the club or the park know if you're interested. Just an hour or two then we play Emerson or head to TC3 for the day. The event runs I belive 11-5, but we can do it at any point during the day. Best for me is in the 12-2 range.
  Catch the karma, give back to the sport you love...

Offline Wendy

• CNYDGA member
Re: Chance to give back to the sport you love: Sept 9 and 10
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 10:44:18 PM »
Don and I can't as Dylan has a cross country track meet and Paige has a soccer game.  I know that some people may be volunteering to assist Pat in his event that weekend too.  Gosh, there is something every weekend isn't there. You could probably be involved in something disc golf related every weekend.  For those who can.....go for it!  I'm sure that Emerson would appreciate our demonstration and assistance.  Please notify us if you can volunteer.  If we could get some representation out there for a couple hours each day, that would be good.  You might help bring some more people in to the world of disc golf!  Now that's what I'm talking about!  Thanks.

Offline youngdavinci

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 09:49:50 AM »
i can be there for 3 hours on sunday the 10th...   from 11:00-2:00   it sure would be nice if i had some company though...
where you at brownguy...
YOU WANNA PIECE OF ME!!!!

Offline Jim

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 02:21:48 PM »
Count me in for sunday also....
Every great drive is just another opportunity to 3-putt.

Offline Don the Good Twin

• Co-Secretary
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 04:00:41 PM »
Let's not forget that KC was thinking Sat Sept 9th would be the finally for the league. I'm assuming it would be late afternoon to 4-5 start time. However this has to be varified by KC. It doesn't mean that some people couldn't do both. :o
CNY Chaingang

Offline lankylefty

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 10:06:12 AM »
sounded like kc said 10 am on saturday?...i cant make it either way...if anyone wants to play tc3 sunday, come on down
"movin to the country, gonna eat me alot of peaches..."

Offline KC

• League Manager
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 09:40:09 PM »
hey all, league finale is on saturday sept. 9 @ 10am at jamesville beach. come early to reg. and tailgate. we will play one last round of doubles and then have a throw-off for the ace pool money (currently $208) if no one hits it during the last round.we will have elimination rounds and pay out to the last three standing. bag tag points winners will be determined after the last round scores are tallied.current leaders are eric 21pts., brian chappel 9pts., matt k. 8pts., andy h. 8pts., paul m. 8pts., amaury 6pts., fred h. 6pts., gary d. 6pts., ben b. 6pts., and mike t. 6pts.   see you there kc