// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End CNYDGA Presents THE PINE GROVE FALL THROWDOWN!
Username: Password:

Author Topic: CNYDGA Presents THE PINE GROVE FALL THROWDOWN!  (Read 461 times)

Offline tbeish

• TEAM TRILOGY
CNYDGA Presents THE PINE GROVE FALL THROWDOWN!
« on: October 22, 2013, 09:45:23 AM »
CNYDGA Presents THE PINE GROVE FALL THROWDOWN!

WHEN: Saturday, November 16th, 2013, 12:00pm to 10:00pm

WHERE: Pine Grove Health & Country Club, Camillus, NY

WHAT: Open play format (Just show up, sign in and hit the course!)
(12:00pm to 6:00pm - regular play)
(6:00pm to 10:00pm - GLOW GOLF)

COST: $20.00 All Day Play
           $10.00 Half-Day Play
           The Club House bar will be open serving food and drinks at player's cost.

DETAILS: Come out and show your support for the game you love! We will have a fun and challenging 18 hole layout on a beautiful ball golf course! Spectators are      welcome! There is a good possibility that this event will be covered by the media! This is a great opportunity to further introduce the sport to the local community and beyond! Due to the lateness of the season, golf carts will not be available for the event but this means we will still be able to play if there is snow on the ground!

Flyer and more details to come!

Comment on this post on here or the "CNY Disc Golf" Facebook page if you are interested in coming out and if you have a basket we can use!
PDGA#: 41457

Offline tbeish

• TEAM TRILOGY
Re: CNYDGA Presents THE PINE GROVE FALL THROWDOWN!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 02:08:25 PM »
Here is the latest info on this event:

I've gotten word that it will not be cost effective for the golf course to acquire the proper extensions and permits to be able to offer food and drink for the event. Since they maintain a liquor license, but the bar will be closed because it is off-season, NYS law prohibits them from allowing alcohol on their premises. So no alcohol will be allowed at the event and the kitchen and bar will be closed.

I know this may be a "deal-breaker" for some but I didn't feel that this would be enough of a detriment to cancel the event. I don't know about you, but alcohol or no alcohol, I still want to chuck some plastic on a fancy ball golf course!

All other event details will remain the same. At this point I don't feel that a flyer is necessary as this is not a formal tournament with divisions, different registration costs, etc. This is just a fun event so stop down and check it out!

Ultimately, this event was to be a "beta test" for the golf course to see what disc golf is all about. If everything goes smoothly, we will hopefully be hosting a full blown tournament at the golf course in the spring with player's packs, pay-outs, golf carts, food and drinks! The golf course will be closing half of the course for the disc golf tournament while still having the other half of the course open for casual ball golf... how cool would that be!

I apologize if these changes have inconvenienced anyone. I think the short amount of lead time and the lateness in the season made this difficult to plan properly.

Please continue to indicate whether or not you will be attending this event through the Facebook page so we can still have somewhat of an idea who will be coming...

I will have glow supplies available for the evening glow rounds for those that don't have any!

Thank you to all who will be attending!
PDGA#: 41457