// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End Vibram Birdie Bash
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Vibram Birdie Bash  (Read 2779 times)

Offline throwfromthewoods

Re: Vibram Birdie Bash
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 12:24:38 PM »
That's tricky. One of the few levelling grounds us lower level players will have is the shorter technical holes. I can't compete with a player like Hovey on the distance holes. So I'd have to rely on getting better breaks in the woods to keep up on points. If you move them to par 4 , the better players are going to eagle more often than not, and that begins to stretch out the points from the lower level players. Where with a par 3, if the better players birdie and get 2 points, the lower players at least can hit metal and get 1 point. That's only a 1 point difference to make up down the road. (With a par 4, the better players eagle with a two and get 5 points, lower players play for a birdie and 2 points, and that's a 3 point difference to make up).

Just my perspective from a guy who will have to do everything he can to keep up  ;D

Offline mikedisc

• digg it
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 03:05:03 PM »
Pat would be playing open. ;D
--
(\__/)  THIS IS BUNNY
(='.'=) HE EATS SOULS
(")_(") SEND MONEY

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 03:10:31 PM »
You're having divisions? I was under the impression it was one field like the Ace Race, with everyone trying for the 1st abd 2nd place prizes.

Offline mikedisc

• digg it
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 03:46:51 PM »
Yes 2 divisions.
Open and AM
Open Winner getting the Disc Tester
and
AM Winner getting the Bikila's

I am Sorry about the confusion.
--
(\__/)  THIS IS BUNNY
(='.'=) HE EATS SOULS
(")_(") SEND MONEY

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 03:51:41 PM »
Oh, in that case, go nuts. It wouldn't matter much in the long run, though, I don't think as far as winning goes. But it would give us a few extra shots in the woods in case we get a bad drive or recovery.

I might suggest letting whoever gets the most points choose which prize they want, if the AM winner ends up with more points than the Open winner (hey, it could happen). And then the other winner would get the other prize.

Offline mikedisc

• digg it
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 04:13:33 PM »
I have had that thought mentioned to me.
I'll try to explain.
Originally I was worried that their might not be a lot of Amateurs signing up for the event because of the prize structure. I was worried they would stay away because of Trip, Billy,Gary, KC, Don, Doug etc etc...
So anyway I wanted to make sure the tourney gave something back to the Ams, ie. the Bikilas as the AM prize.

As of now I believe there are 14 people signed up with one gentleman mailing me the monies from Norwich, NY to participate in the event.
I am Open to change and have everyone go out as one division if the Majority agree to it at the day of.
If you or anyone else has thoughts on the subject please feel free to let me know, I'm all ears.
Thank you
--
(\__/)  THIS IS BUNNY
(='.'=) HE EATS SOULS
(")_(") SEND MONEY

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 08:32:39 PM »
I don't have an issue with the two divisions. I just can't wear Five Fingers, so the prize itself doesn't do much for me. I could sell them, I suppose, lol

Offline MikeT

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 10:07:56 AM »
for $25 you get 2 discs and a t-shirt, youre already a winner! Go out, throw, and have some fun and you might get a bonus prize for scoring the most points....  ;D

Offline chuckem2

• CNYDGA President
  • Administrator
  • Chainz Addiction
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 06:02:23 PM »
Amen!
4 DOWN MAN!

Offline myoung

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2013, 06:04:13 PM »
Just signed up....Just wondering...is there any lunch plans? Coming from out of town and want to be prepared....

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 09:09:01 AM »
for $25 you get 2 discs and a t-shirt, youre already a winner! Go out, throw, and have some fun and you might get a bonus prize for scoring the most points....  ;D

Sure sure, but man, I want a shot at winning that tester slot for Vibram...even if it's a long shot, lol

Offline BigDave

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 10:14:12 AM »
I think two divisions with the prizes split as you've suggested is a great idea.  As long as you're splitting the divisions, why not have pro and am pars for each hole?  I think making the wooded holes par 4s for the am division would add a lot of excitement.  Some of those holes are tough birdies for an am when we are using our own discs, the added challenge of using strange plastic...er rubber...will make deuces even more rare.

Just my two cents.  I'll be happy to get out and see everybody regardless of the format.

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 04:34:45 PM »
Only until midnight to sign up!

Offline Tammy List

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2013, 04:48:44 PM »
I registered myself and D under my login on the reg. site...just so you know

Offline ben

• CNYDGA Member
  • Out of the Box and into the Unit