// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End Leauge Final Details
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Leauge Final Details  (Read 1714 times)

Offline DougB

Leauge Final Details
« on: September 20, 2012, 08:56:46 AM »
This Sunday (9/23) at Oxbow will be the League Final, get together, whatever you want to call it.  Get there as early as you want but at 10am the festivities will begin.

At 10am I'll hand out the series points winners.  With almost 650$, I'll be paying 12 deep.  The leaderboard is at:
http://www.discgolfscene.com/leagues/CNYDGA_2012_Wednesday_League/leaderboards

After the series points we'll do some sort of throwoff for the remaining ace pool money.  There is 282$ in there, and I'll add some to it to make it an even 300$.  However I end up doing it, I'll pay out 50$ to 6 people.  An ace at any point in the throw-off WILL NOT get you the whole pot.  That ship sailed last night.  If you came to league at least 1 night you are elibilbe for the throw-off.

After that business we can split up and play a round in whatever format people want to play.

I'll be ordering lunch from somewhere, so don't worry about that. 

If people know they'll be coming and staying for lunch, just post it here, text me @ 315-415-3660 or email me at dbauer@cscos.com, so I can get a rough idea on numbers.

Again, if you can't make it, I will get you whatever you are due.  Don't sweat it.  Sunday is just for fun.

Also, 1$ from each person, each week went to "course maintenance".  Through this 647$ was collected.  I took 100$ from it for a sponsorship for the biggest CNY Championship to date, leaving 547$...Stay tuned on what this will go towards.  I'm thinking some more benches at Clay (maybe with some help from KC, ?, ?, ?), maybe a practice basket at Clay, who knows....we can talk about it Sunday.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Thanks for a great year!!!

DougB

Offline Westy

Re: Leauge Final Details
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 09:35:13 AM »
I vote for new chain kits at the Ox and/or at Jamesville as the best use for the maintenance funds. Hole 18 at Clay already serves as a practice basket and we can make homemade benches but the chain kits have to be purchased. That's my two cents have a great day! :P

Offline DougB

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 10:08:54 AM »
Can't you just put straighter Westy? 

Good suggestion, management will take it under advisement.

Looks like they're about 20-30$ ea.

thanks.

Offline DougB

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 10:15:24 AM »
Oh yeah, and I owe you a whopping 5 bucks from last night.

Offline throwfromthewoods

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 02:35:21 PM »
I swear I've been told that the good people at Jamesville Beach have been less than willing when it comes to the chain-kits on the baskets. I know our esteemed putting wizard has been trying for years with no success. But I could just be remembering some conversations incorrectly.

My vote is for some permanent benches at Oxbow. Our biggest tournament every year inevitably has a lot of backing up and standing around. It would be nice to have something other than a few half-rotted picnic benches and some boards screwed onto buckets.

Offline HOOPA

• CNYDGA Officer
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 03:38:36 PM »
The benches sound like a good idea. Unfortunately, like the tee signs, picnic benches and other things there, have been destroyed or ruined by some dick heads. Just saying. Maybe the parks department could supply them , or the material and we can build and install. Hearing a few people complain at CNY's about their putts hitting all chain and spitting out, I think the chain kits are a better idea.

Offline DougB

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 04:00:58 PM »
I actually would be more than willing to procure some materials and build some benches, I just don't have the means at my house.  I know that someone made some great ones at Clay.

The one thing I have taken note is that although people leave a lot of trash around, they seem to leave the benches intact at Clay, which is re-assuring.  I definitely agree that 2x6s screwed into buckets isn't all that attractive.

Also, anyone know when the tee signs are coming in for Clay...its been a couple years now!!!!

All good thoughts. 

thanks guys.

Offline Disc Fly Guy

• Co-Secretary
  • I am the EVIL TWIN!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 05:09:29 PM »
I know that before anyone spends money on chain kits for Oxbow they should ask the county planning board. (Jim P)

(speaking from 12 years Experience with the county ;D)
REMEMBER...
It's nice to be important,
but it's more important to be NICE..!

Quote of Brother Wease...

Offline bluj420

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 06:42:40 AM »
Will the cnydga store be there on Sunday so maybe we can spend some of the winnings we may be getting?
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice. Go play your disco in the woods!

Jason G.

Offline Westy

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 06:48:29 AM »
As for a format for the Sunday event my suggestion is to divide us by division Pro, A,B,C and play singles and know this "I’m the hootinst, tootinist, shootinist bobtail wildcat in the west" :)

Had to drop the Clint look since he lost his mind at the convention.  :P

Offline DougB

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 07:50:55 AM »
CNY store will be in attendence.

Many discs will be given out to particular individuals who were donaters. 

Also I've got some AceRun items picked out for some of the above mentioned individuals as well.

I'll have my monster spreadsheet so everyone can see where they ended up along with where the money went.

I plan on getting some wrap trays from nice and sleazy for lunch.  I'll also pick up a couple 30 racks of some not so fine ale.

The following people have something coming...not in a bad way.

Westy, Laufer, Hooper, MasterBateman, KC, Sweet, Meitus, Bertram, D, Osborn, Spensaw and double deuce 'Doah.

Also, don't forget that there will be six 50$ winners from the Ace Pool.

Should be a fun day.

Doug

Offline Random Flyer

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 07:29:57 PM »
I will be there and ill have the other jason with me lol. I like the idea of a/b/c singles for the doe, but break it down like we always do by the number of ppl in each group so more then the top 2 get paid, maybe make a little gas money for the drive up lol.
Jason L.

Offline KC

• League Manager
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 09:51:37 PM »
Nice job with  leagues this year Douglas. I will be attending.

Offline Aphaze

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 11:43:36 PM »
1 day of league... Count the Faes Brothers IN!

Offline Look

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2012, 02:19:21 PM »
count me in.