// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End Wednesday, Sept. 12th
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Wednesday, Sept. 12th  (Read 665 times)

Offline throwfromthewoods

Wednesday, Sept. 12th
« on: September 06, 2012, 05:42:51 PM »
Since there is no official league night on the 12th, and since most of us already have Wednesday nights blocked off in our schedules for disc golf, I'm going to officially set up a Dirty Dollars single-player night at Oxbow.

Before I explain how you play Dirty Dollars, let me first emphasize that you ONLY play if you WANT to. There is no obligation to put up money. If you want to just come out and play a round and get some practice in before the CNYs, then please do!

Here's how Dirty Dollars works:

Every player brings some singles. $5 worth, $10 worth, it's up to you. But they have to be singles. At the beginning of every hole, players decide if they want to pay up for the CTP on that hole. They put $1 down on the ground by the teebox to signify that they are playing (hence the name Dirty Dollars). Everyone then drives. Whoever gets the CTP out of the players who decided to pay MUST make their putt for a birdie. If that player makes their putt, they win the dollars that were played. If they do NOT make their putt, the money goes to the next hole. The next closest player does NOT get a chance to take the dollars for that hole.

Here's an example:

Four players are teeing off on Hole 1 at Oxbow. Players A, B, and C decide they want to play. They each put down $1 on the ground. Player D still plays the hole with the group, but they are not playing for any money. Player B ends up being CTP after the drives. He sinks his 2-putt and takes the $3. If he misses the putt, those $3 get added on to the total for whoever wants to play at Hole 2 (or Hole 3 if no one decides to play Hole 2).

It might sound complicated, but it's really not once you get going. And I think it will be a lot of fun and something different from regular skins or just paying to play and cashing out afterwards. And Oxbow has a lot of birdie holes that should provide for some very interesting competition.

5:15pm SHARP. We'll group up as close to skill level as possible so the betting is more fun. And also if there are people who don't want to play, they can group up and not have to worry about getting dragged into it. But hey, even if you bring a couple bucks and feel like trying your luck it could still be fun! Hope to see you there!