// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End 2012 Discraft Ace Race! Clay Central Park. October 7th, 2012
Username: Password:

Author Topic: 2012 Discraft Ace Race! Clay Central Park. October 7th, 2012  (Read 3056 times)

Offline throwfromthewoods

Re: 2012 Discraft Ace Race! Clay Central Park. October 7th, 2012
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 08:34:47 PM »
Less than one month to the deadline! Make sure you don't get left out of the most fun you'll have taking exactly 54 throws in a full day!

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 02:38:02 PM »
Two weeks to deadline! Make sure you get that check to me ASAP or be sure to find me at the CNY Championships if you’re attending! Don’t miss out on the good times and free stuff!

Offline Nick D.

• KISS #1
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2012, 05:07:13 PM »
I will attend 8 bit. Pen me in. Not to sure when i will see you. Will be out for a few weeks after this weekend.

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 07:24:42 PM »
Well there's only one official week of leagues before the CNYs at Clay next week. Although I may try to get out to Oxbox on the Wednesday before then. And if you're going to the CNYs you can catch me then. Or mail me a check.

Offline barefoot

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2012, 07:39:57 PM »
IWill be out for a few weeks after this weekend.

Going on tour with a KISS tribute band ?

Offline Nick D.

• KISS #1
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2012, 07:51:43 PM »
Good thought... but football season is upon us...so...

Go Niners!!

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 10:36:27 AM »
One week! 7 days! Roughly 168 hours! Time is running out to get in on the first ever Ace Race at Clay Park!

The prizes are all set. The discs I'm giving away are dead sexy, and I'm jealous I won't get to throw them. For a measley $25.00 I'm going to do my best to make sure you get your money's worth! So don't miss out!

Offline arc

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 11:19:04 AM »
Is there a flyer for the event?  What time will it be starting?

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 12:15:47 PM »
It will start around 9am. No official flyer but I will be putting together all the official details once I have a final sign-up list and sending it out to all the players so they can plan accordingly.

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 02:59:20 PM »
If tomorrow is cutting it too close for you all, I'll take payments on the final league night, Sept. 19th at Clay.

Offline Aphaze

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2012, 12:41:40 PM »
If there is anyone who ordered a player pack and cant make it, please let me know. (315) 481-4110. Was out of town and missed the deadline...Ill pay you for the pack and even throw some beers in too just for good measure. Myself, my pops and brother all missed out and are hoping to still get a chance to get in on the action. Please please let me know if any of you who signed up, cant make it. Thanks disc fans!   

P.S. -Planning on doing a course clean-up before the race, anyone interested in helping, contact me for that as well.

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 11:35:25 AM »
OK, so here’s the final details for the Ace Race at Clay Park on October 7th.

I’ll be at the course by 7:30am to set up the temporary baskets and tees. If you are donating a basket for the day I will be in contact to see if you’ll be coming by early to drop it off or if I need to arrange to pick it up myself.

Starting at 8:30am, I will make the Player’s Packs available. I will be pulling all the discs out of the pre-packaged packs and arranging them by weight. First come, first serve on picking your two discs.

At 9:30am we will have a brief player’s meeting to go over the rules of the Ace Race and how the scoring works.

At 10:00am we will begin our morning round. With each person only taking one throw per hole, the round will go pretty quickly even with 27 holes.

There will be a break for lunch, it will be at least an hour…both because neither of these rounds will be rushed and because players will be responsible for their own lunch. You can bag it and bring it, or I will have some info for local places if you want to go grab something.

After lunch we will have our second round. After that, we will have our final score tallies and our awards. The Grand Prize winner will receive a Discraft bag and a stack of new plastic. Our second place “Almost Award” will go to the player with the most metal hits (aces also count as metal hits for the Almost Award, but the Grand Prize winner is not eligible for this prize) and will receive a $15 gift card to Marshall Street and a gorgeous MVP Eclipse Ion putter. There will also be some bounty baskets and CTP holes. If a bounty basket prize goes unclaimed during the two rounds, I will devise a throw-off for the prizes. I bought this stuff to give away, so I’m making sure they go home with someone!

Let me know if you have paid to play but can’t make it. You can either keep your Player’s Pack or I have a few people who had contacted me after the deadline to register and are on a “waiting list.” You would give up your Player’s Pack but will be refunded your $25 entry.

See you on October 7th!

Offline chuckem2

• CNYDGA President
  • Administrator
  • Chainz Addiction
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2012, 01:40:58 PM »
Please use Nifty Fifties deli as a suggestion for lunch. They provided lunches at the Clay Classic.They are located on the corner of Bear Rd. and Buckley Rd. kitty corner from the Valero gas station. We are trying to get them to sponsor next year's Classic. So, mention that you are a disc golfer!

Thanks

4 DOWN MAN!

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 11:37:57 AM »
We’re right around the corner from the Ace Race at Clay Park! Couple of quick notes. We will be meeting at the pavilion near the playground near the main parking lot of Wetzel Rd. and NOT the smaller parking lot off Henry Clay Blvd. where Hole 1 is. The pavilion is between Holes 10 and 11. I’m including a map but feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

I’ve had some people who had paid into earlier Ace Races inquire about playing in this one but not buying another Player’s Pack. Here’s the deal. As far as officially taking part in the Ace Race, I can’t let people who didn’t buy a Pack from me participate and be eligible for prizes, etc. It wouldn’t be fair to those who did pay in for this event. Unofficially, Clay Park is a free course. Disc golf is a sport that prides itself in being both competitive and recreational. If someone wants to come and throw a couple rounds with the rest of us, then I have no issues with that. We aren’t very full so the course won’t be packed in at all. I won’t charge anyone for the pleasure of two rounds running the chains on this one-of-a-kind 27 hole ace run course, but if you feel the urge to donate something to the cause (I did kind of spend overboard on the prizes and such, lol) then I won’t say no.

The important thing is everyone has fun and hopefully we can continue to grow this event each year! See you Sunday!

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2012, 11:19:25 PM »
Quick peek at all the goodies up for grabs Sunday!