// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End 2012 Discraft Ace Race! Clay Central Park. October 7th, 2012
Username: Password:

Author Topic: 2012 Discraft Ace Race! Clay Central Park. October 7th, 2012  (Read 3211 times)

Offline throwfromthewoods

8-Bit Disc Golf is happy to announce New York State’s (currently) only Discraft Ace Race for the 2012 series!  Taking place on Sunday, October 7th 2012 at Clay Central Park in Clay, NY; it will be two rounds on a 27-hole course of nothing but running at the chains! How can you say no to that? Plus throw offs, prizes, and other fun times to be had by all. Flyer soon, but here are the basics:

$25.00 gets you Discraft’s players pack; 2 discs in their prototype mold for the 2012 series, a mini, sticker, and other goodies that are still hush-hush from Discraft.

Add $15.00 to that and you’ll get a long sleeve dri-fit shirt made by 8-Bit Disc Golf exclusively for the 2012 Ace Race!

Pre-registering is required. Since Discraft needs time to ship the players packs to me, I need money in hand no later than Saturday, September 15th. If you are also getting a shirt, e-mail me your name and size so I can keep track of them at eightbitdiscgolf@hotmail.com. Checks can be made out to:

Matthew Bertram
7890 MacArthur Blvd.
Bridgeport, NY 13030

Please do not hesitate to e-mail me or call me at 315-935-9452 if you have any questions. Keep on the lookout for updates and we’ll see you there!

Matt

Re: 2012 Discraft Ace Race! Clay Central Park. October 7th, 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 03:10:41 PM »
My apologies for terrible picture posting.

maroon-back_1 by ihatemounties2000, on Flickr

Offline bluj420

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 09:09:01 PM »
wicked cool ! i hope to at lest get some metal this year. :o
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice. Go play your disco in the woods!

Jason G.

Offline DougB

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 11:04:36 PM »
Isn't it BA, BA, SELECT, START? or just up, down, left, right, b, a, start.  For one player of course.

Offline Disc Fly Guy

• Co-Secretary
  • I am the EVIL TWIN!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 07:38:05 AM »
geeks............. ;D
REMEMBER...
It's nice to be important,
but it's more important to be NICE..!

Quote of Brother Wease...

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 09:52:23 AM »
OFFICIALLY the Konami Code is just B/A/Start. Contra 2-player used Select/Start. There have been other slight variations depending on which games you were into. But Gradius was the original.

And yes, I am a geek and proud!

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 11:22:53 AM »

Front!

Offline DougB

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 05:19:14 AM »
I believe I just got served!

Doug   

Offline chuckem2

• CNYDGA President
  • Administrator
  • Chainz Addiction
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 08:33:42 AM »
Indeed!  ;)
4 DOWN MAN!

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 09:53:55 AM »
Have you decided to play in the 2012 Ace Race at Clay Central Park? If you haven't, you should first be ashamed of yourself, then you should fix that! It will be more fun than shooting womp rats in your T-16!

Here's an update (sort of) from Discraft:

"2012 Prototype Disc 

What will it be? The last four years have alternated between putters and mids. Some say we're due for a driver.

We announce in mid July!"

So start saving your spare change; it's only $25 for 54 holes of chain-banging goodness!

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 12:52:57 PM »
From Ace Race Facebook page:

2012 Proto: A Hybrid Driver!

The 2012 Ace Race prototype disc is officially classified as a long range driver, but it could be more accurately described as a hybrid driver and is superb for running aces! Faster than a Buzzz but slower than a Stalker, the disc offers players controlled fairway shots. At medium to fast speeds this disc will hold the line to finish with a slight hyzer. Give it a rip!

'

Get excited! And get pregistered no later that Sept. 15th! Hole layout for Clay Park is set, and will be posted soon. Don't miss out!

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 12:07:19 PM »
Quick update since a few people were asking. Once the players' packs arrive, I will be separating the discs out. I will organize them according to weight. I don't have any control over what weight range Discraft sends me. First come, first serve on the morning of the event!

See you there!

Offline DougB

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 07:44:44 AM »
Matt, unfortunately I won't be around that weekend, but I'd like to buy a package.  I'll pay at league or the next time I see you.

Doug

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 01:29:12 PM »
Course layout!

[/url]

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 10:34:39 AM »
The word from the field is that this year’s disc is a true slightly overstable control driver. Think of a longer Wasp. Good at shaping S-lines, going straight out with a moderate fade, and short forehand flicks. A lot of events are also saying the shorter holes are more difficult because this disc is not a fan of low-power.

Expect some interesting fairways and some true ace runs (no dink and dunk here, folks.)

The Good Stuff:

Many of you are wondering, “What do I get out of this…aside from 2 new discs, a sweet metal water bottle, slick 80s style sunglasses, and a full day of ace runs with awesome people?” Well, first off, shame on you. That should be enough! But I am not the type to leave people without a whole heap of satisfaction.

A few of the baskets will have prizes ALREADY on them! First person to hit an ace will be the proud new owner of various goodies that you’ll have to wait to see what they are!

CTPs at an Ace Race?? Well, why not. A few of these holes may make you shake your head in disgust or run away screaming in fear. But even if you don’t hit those chains all day, you’ll still have a shot at taking home some cool stuff!

The “Almost” award. Sure, the grand prize winner gets a sweet bag and a stack of new discs courtesy of Discraft. But what could be more frustrating than hitting metal all day and never hearing the sweet, sweet sound of banging chains? So, we will also have a prize for the player who gets the most metal hits (grand prize winner is NOT eligible…so sorry.)

I’m sure I’ll think up some other crazy reasons to give away free stuff, so stay tuned and don’t forget to register! Sept. 15th is still the cutoff date, but that’s no reason to wait until the last minute!