// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End Oneonta Rotary Open ---Sunday October 24TH
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Oneonta Rotary Open ---Sunday October 24TH  (Read 2284 times)

Offline BigDave

Oneonta Rotary Open ---Sunday October 24TH
« on: September 03, 2010, 09:46:51 AM »
**Pending Town Board Approval on 9/14**

As many of you know I have been working on bringing a course to my home town for the last two years.  October 24th will finally mark the first Disc Golf event at Fortin Park in the town of Oneonta.  The goal of the weekend to is showcase the sport to the Oneonta area and raise money for the permanent installation of the course.  Thank you to our Title Sponsor the Oneonta Rotary Club for making this event possible.  Here is the plan for the weekend:

Sunday, October 24rd, 2010 - Full service tournament utilizing temporary baskets.  The tournament will include two rounds of 18, players packs to both pros and ams, CTP prizes, Ace Pot, distance and ring of fire contests.  For the most part we will be using the proposed layout of the permanent course although two of three of the wooded holes will have to be altered since we won't carve new fairways until the funding is in place for the new course.    

Saturday, October 23RD, 2010 - New players clinic - Saturday we show the community how to do it, Sunday we show them how it's done.  This is the opportunity for experienced players to sell their passion for the sport to an entire new population of players.  Custom stamped starter sets will be available for sale and new players will be taught the basics of the game we all love.

I am hoping to get a nice contingent from CNY to help fill a huge void in New York's disc golf map.  The course is just an hour and a half drive from Oxbow Falls.  The majority of the baskets will be on loan from DisCap, however I am still looking for 5-7 more.  I am also looking for 3-6 experienced players that may want to help on Sunday.  I will put clinic volunteers up at my place on Saturday night and my basement bar will be free flowing.  it will not be a boring night  ;D

I will also be selling some nice CFR plastic including Champion Katanas and Champion Makos.  Hole sponsorships will also be available.  

More details to come in the next two weeks.    

« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 01:27:31 PM by chuckem2 »

Offline Don the Good Twin

• Co-Secretary
Re: Oneonta Rotary Open --- October 23rd
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 08:26:37 AM »
Great news Dave. I hope that some of our CNY crew can come to your assisitance. For those of you that don't know Dave, he has made numerous 2+ hrs trips to the CNY region to play our events. He has taken time to write positive letters to park managers.He told them how nice their courses are and how lucky they are to have the CNYDGA as a partner in park improvment. If anybody from CNY can make it there to play or to help with the Sunday event I know it would make a huge statement to the people involved with Dave's future course in Oneonta.
CNY Chaingang

Offline chuckem2

• CNYDGA President
  • Administrator
  • Chainz Addiction
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 01:14:37 PM »
ATTENTION!

This event has changed. The tournament is going to be held on Sun. Oct. 24th. Dave very graciously moved it to Sunday to help Hank Foss get some people to his tournament on Sat. Oct. 23rd

Great news Dave. I hope that some of our CNY crew can come to your assisitance. For those of you that don't know Dave, he has made numerous 2+ hrs trips to the CNY region to play our events. He has taken time to write positive letters to park managers.He told them how nice their courses are and how lucky they are to have the CNYDGA as a partner in park improvment. If anybody from CNY can make it there to play or to help with the Sunday event I know it would make a huge statement to the people involved with Dave's future course in Oneonta.

Let's return the favor and attend these events!

« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:16:46 PM by chuckem2 »
4 DOWN MAN!

Offline BigDave

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 06:20:31 PM »
This event is now OFFICIAL!!!

I received final approval last night.  I will have details up very soon, but as Trip mentioned the tournament portion of the weekend will be Sunday, October 24th.  I will be at Oxbow Sunday for Wendy's tournament and will take registrations then.     

The tournament will feature 36 holes of golf, lunch will be available on site, there will be plenty of prizes for CTPs, jumbo putts, a driving contest, players packs for all players (guaranteed for pre-registered players, while supplies last for walk-ups).  And there will be some CFR plastic for sale, including some in champion glow plastic which will come in very handy for everybody planning to attend glow events the following weekend.

Offline BigDave

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 02:41:01 PM »
We have details!!

See the attached flier/encyclopedia   ;D

Offline MikeT

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 07:23:04 PM »
so is anyone from cny going to this

Offline Dan Hastings

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 11:51:26 PM »
Sanctioned or not?

Offline chuckem2

• CNYDGA President
  • Administrator
  • Chainz Addiction
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 12:33:08 AM »
Yes. I will be attending Hank's on the 23rd and Dave's on the 24th. If you're throwing in both, I've got a couple seats available for a cheap fare.  :D  DON'T FORGET, DAVE HAS A FULL BAR ON SAT. NITE!  ;D
4 DOWN MAN!

Offline MichiganJeff

• DisCap website
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 08:21:31 AM »
"Captain Anhyzer"
PDGA #11653-NEFA #1112
Join DisCap! 

Offline BigDave

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 09:45:24 AM »
Sanctioned or not?

Yeah, three big reasons for not sanctioning.  One of the objectives of the event is to raise money for the permanent installation of the course so I don't want to spend any of the income on sanctioning fees.  I am also targeting a lot of new players since this is the first event of the kind in the area.  I don't want the $10 non-PDGA surcharge to inflate their entry fee.  Lastly, we will be using portable baskets.  Do you really want your rating affected by a spit-out through the chains of a DisCatcher Sport?

Offline MikeT

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 11:06:35 AM »
 trip im down

Offline Dan Hastings

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 04:47:29 PM »
I like non sanctioned cus im an open player keeping am status for hometown worlds. so now i can play for cash if i make the trip

Offline BigDave

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 10:42:18 PM »
I like non sanctioned cus im an open player keeping am status for hometown worlds. so now i can play for cash if i make the trip

Ah I hadn't thought of this.  All the folks out there holding onto am status for one more year get to play for some cash.  Reason number 4 to keep things unsanctioned haha. 

Offline BigDave

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 12:09:54 AM »
Click for a Map to Fortin Park

From I-88 exit 16 turn south on County Route 47.  Take the first right after you cross the Susquehanna River (Youngs Rd.).  The parking lot is at the end of the road.  The airport hanger closest to the parking lot is tournament central.

Offline BigDave

Re: Oneonta Rotary Open --- October 24th
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2010, 01:34:55 PM »
ORO UPDATE

We are one week out and things are coming together.  Here are some new developments;

• We have been granted an alcohol permit.  WooHoo!
  • Champion Makos and Glow Champion Gazelles for sale
  • There will be up to THREE baskets raffled off!
  • Lots of info about the event including some pictorial previews of several holes can be found at www.facebook.com/oneontarotarydiscgolf
  • Hole sponsorships are available for $30.00 - A great way to support the growth of the sport for those that can't join in the fun!
  • Glow Rocs will be a player pack option while supplies last.  Grab one of these and buy a Champ Gazelle and you'll be all set for Oxbow and Emerson Glow events the following weekend!

I'll be at the CNY club meeting on the 20th and will sell discs, hole sponsorships and raffle tickets and will take pre-registrations.  If anybody is up for an afternoon round or too that afternoon send me a pm.  I have not been able to play since the CNY Champs and am dying to actually play rather then just plan to play  ;D  Send me a PM if your interested.