// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End CNY Championships 2010 - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE
Username: Password:

Author Topic: CNY Championships 2010 - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Wendy

• CNYDGA member
CNY Championships 2010 - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE
« on: August 27, 2010, 02:49:52 PM »
*** DATE CHANGE ***  DATE CHANGE ***
Please note that the CNY Championships will not be held on 10/2.  They will be held on Sunday 10/3.  I apologize for any inconvenience but the tournament director had unforseen scheduling conflicts and is not available on 10/2....that's me.  Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience but life happens and things change.  I hope that we will still see you all at the event!

I have attached a basic flyer as I was not able to load the one with the graphic on it as it said it was too large a file.  The flyer has the information and also doubles as a registration form. 

I am also collecting any tee sponsorships or any type of sponsorships.  All are welcome!

I hope to start seeing your registrations come in!  Any questions you can reach me at courbat4@msn.com or 315-374-2604.

See you all soon!
Wendy       

Offline spurdy

• CNYDGA Member
Re: CNY Championships 2010 - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 12:06:07 PM »

Offline spurdy

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 12:39:18 PM »
registration in the mailbox let go people get them in!

Offline Wendy

• CNYDGA member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 09:35:51 PM »
Let's get the registrations in!  I have started getting them so keep 'em coming!  Everyone bring a friend!  Give me a call with any questions! 

374-2604   ;D

Offline chuckem2

• CNYDGA President
  • Administrator
  • Chainz Addiction
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 04:33:05 PM »
WE NEED YOUR HELP!

If you are planning on playing in the CNY Champs this year, PLEASE get your registration in to Wendy a.s.a.p! It helps draw in more players when they see bigger pre-reg numbers.

If you're not able to play, please consider a $25.00 hole sponsorship. Splitting one with someone only costs $12.50 each! Ask your boss to sponsor you for $25.00 and Wendy will put the company name or logo on a tee sign.

Also, any items you are willing to donate to the raffle would be greatly appreciated. They don't have to be disc golf related! If you work at a restaurant and can get a coupon for a meal or a discount, movie tickets, car wash, oil changes, gas cards, etc. (12 pack of Guinness! ;D )

There is a work day coming up this Sunday, Sept. 26th at Oxbow. Please help get the course in great shape for the tournament.

Thanks,
Trip
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 11:51:54 AM by chuckem2 »
4 DOWN MAN!

Offline MichiganJeff

• DisCap website
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 06:05:58 PM »
Trip, your calendar is a bit off......... this Sunday is Sept. 26th
"Captain Anhyzer"
PDGA #11653-NEFA #1112
Join DisCap! 

Offline Gary Crowley

• CNYDGA Member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 09:43:26 PM »
Can't wait. Put me in for a $25 sponsorship. I also have some merch I've been saving up for the tournament. I'll try to make the workday and get it all to you Wendy.

Offline chuckem2

• CNYDGA President
  • Administrator
  • Chainz Addiction
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 11:55:11 AM »
Jeff,

I don't what you're talking about. It clearly states the 26th on my post. ;D :D ;)
4 DOWN MAN!

Offline MichiganJeff

• DisCap website
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 08:21:42 AM »
You moderators think you're SOOOOOOO cool !!  Oh wait.....  ::)  :D

Is there a pre reg list anywheres ?
"Captain Anhyzer"
PDGA #11653-NEFA #1112
Join DisCap! 

Offline mjoe25

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 10:08:59 PM »
I am going to try and make this. Is it ok if I pay the day of?
mike falconio

Offline samstigs

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 09:02:53 AM »
Sam Castiglione 27504

Aaron Walders 31118

Both Open
Will pay day of.

Offline chuckem2

• CNYDGA President
  • Administrator
  • Chainz Addiction
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 09:27:32 AM »
If you plan on playing in the CNY's, contact T.D. Wendy Courbat @ (315) 374-2604 or wlcourbat@msn.com
4 DOWN MAN!

Offline ManoSteelNumber1

No Rec Division?! Ridiculous!!
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 10:59:33 AM »
First off I want to say that I greatly appreciate all of the tournaments and work done on the courses and everything else the disc golf community has provided.  I am new to the sport and I've felt great about all of the tournaments I've been in and money and time my friends and I have donated.

There is however one aspect of the CNY Champs that is bothering me.  I just want to voice my extreme disappointment in the fact that there will be no rec division.  There's no reason not to have one. Yes it may not be required and there may be other aspects for a payout such as CTP or basket raffles. But in all honesty everyone knows there will be MANY sand baggers that belong in a higher division than intermediate. Combine that with people that should be in rec and you get a pretty uneven swing in skill level and ability to compete.  CTPs are not a suitable replacement for a division that would allow beginners to actually compete.  This will be my first CNY championship and I would like to actually be in a legit division for my skill level.  My friends and I have shown support through hole sponsorships and raffles every chance we've had.  Unless I'm missing something I would think organizing a rec division would be very quick and simple.  Seems like the focus lately is more on having less and less paid out rather than being concerned about giving everyone a fair experience. This is the CNY Championships, not a fund raising event like the wishing well.

Offline throwfromthewoods

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2010, 11:29:01 AM »
We don't really have "sand baggers" in the area, mostly due to the fact that everyone knows everyone else (especially if you're good enough to be in a higher division). The other fact to consider is that Oxbow is called "the great equalizer" for a reason. The gap between an "intermediate" player and a "beginner" player (at the PDGA tournament level anyways) is a few strokes at best; which is easily compensated by this course. Even the best players can find themselves with a round in the high-60s on a bad day.  Not to mention the tournament will host over 60 players in 6 divisions. If we keep dividing and sub-dividing, where is the point?

Let it be known that I am speaking from the perspective of a player who would enter in the rec division in any other tournament. I am not, by any means, a par player. But the fact remains that this is a PDGA tournament. We enter it expecting a test of of our skill and will. If I finish in 10th place, having lost by 12 strokes...well then I have a pretty solid barometer of where I need to take my game.

You said it yourself, "This is the CNY Championships."  Time to play like champions.

Offline kenjiac

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010, 12:03:17 PM »
Have you asked Wendy to do a rec division? I played rec last year at cny champs and lost in the playoff  :(
I know a couple of DisCappers that are coming fit more in the rec division then in am2. So approach wendy about having the division if you need players to play the division i'm sure i can help you out with that.
DisCap President
PDGA # 37696
NEFA # 1163