// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End 2010 Senior Games
Username: Password:

Author Topic: 2010 Senior Games  (Read 813 times)

CHUCKEM

2010 Senior Games
« on: June 12, 2010, 10:54:31 PM »
Congratulations to all who participated in the Senior Games @ TC3 this weekend!

Our own Bill Jones threw out the ceremonal 1st disc and then went on to take the Silver medal in the 75-79 yr. young div. Nice belated 77th birthday present. (It was Tues. 6/8) Thanks for paving the way and still competing Mr. Jones!

In the 60-64 yr. young div. another CNYer, Dave Thomas took home the Gold medal, while Kevin Carpenter (Canandaigua) grabbed the Silver. Nice job Dave!

Larry Oyler took the Gold and Pat O' Grady the Silver in the youth div. 50-54 yrs. :D You young studs!

In the alternate doubles competition our boys Larry Oyler & Pat O' Grady won the Gold! Michael Young & Gary Senf just missed the bronze in a 1 hole playoff. Good fight men!

Nice representation of CNY disc golfers. Hope everybody enjoyed this tournament and plays in next years too.

Kudos to Dave Thomas for getting this moving, T.D.ing the event and, as always, growing our sport. Keep up the great work!  :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 10:58:31 PM by CHUCKEM »

Offline myoung

Re: 2010 Senior Games
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 04:02:44 PM »
Awesome time...Big thanks to Dave for making it happen.....Correction in the medals in the youth division -Larry took gold (52) I took silver (56) and Bryon Kuhns took bronze (57)... Also Gary Senf took silver in the 55-59 division. Big ups to Chris Sweet and Gary Crowly for big games at the JAMMER...

Offline Disc Fly Guy

• Co-Secretary
  • I am the EVIL TWIN!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 06:56:49 PM »
YOU GUYS ARE ALL WINNERS TO ME!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are great representatives for the game.

DAVE THOMAS!
What can I say? He is one of the big reasons I do what I do for the sport of discgolf.

Dave you are the role model! ;D
REMEMBER...
It's nice to be important,
but it's more important to be NICE..!

Quote of Brother Wease...

Offline Don the Good Twin

• Co-Secretary
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 09:31:52 PM »
Congrats to all you young fellas. Great playing by all. Proud to say I know all  of you. Great job Dave in putting this together. Wish I could have been there to witness all the excitement. Bill Jones you are the Man. I hope they still have this in the games when I hit 50+.
CNY Chaingang

Offline Wendy

• CNYDGA member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 09:36:55 PM »

Awesome job fellas!  Great thanks to Dave for getting this organized and held.  I know how much works goes in to an event.  Nice to see CNY Disc Golfers representing.  I look forward to the tournament continuing so I can play in it eventually!   ;D

CHUCKEM

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 12:50:14 AM »
I goofed up.............Here are the "Official Results"!
   50-54 Singles Gold....Larry Oyler (52)........Syracuse
                        Silver...Michael Young (56)...Buffalo
                        Bronze.Bryan Kuhns   (57)....Niagara Falls             
                        4th Place Patrick O'Grady (58)..Syracuse
   60-64 Singles Gold....Dave Thomas (62)....Churchville
                        Silver...Kevin Carpenter (Canandaigua) (66)
   75-79 Singles Silver...Bill Jones (38)...Syracuse * * This group played 9 Holes

50-54 Alternate Shot Doubles....GOLD....Larry Oyler-Patrick O"Grady (58)...Syracuse
                                                 SILVER.Ed Bower-Craig Rand (61)......Rochester
                                            * *  BRONZE..Mark Pyrczak-Bryan Kuhns (62.Niagara Falls
                                                                  Michael Young-Gary Senf (62)....Buff/Roch.
                                              * * Won on the 1st Playoff Hole
  There were also 4 female golfers,one of which was 82 years YOUNG! We also had 5 golfers 70+...............Hope to see more DGers next year @ the TC3 Disc Golf Course
 Thanks to Alfred Okaru (Director of Intramurals) for getting the course in SUPERB shape!
 Also to Ange from Niagara Falls & Will Carpenter for their "invaluable help" throughout the day!
 Thanks,Eric,I kinda goofed up my original info to you! Dave

We still love you Dave!